Adventure Den Vaccination & Requirements
- All pets checking in to Adventure Den must be in good health up-to-date on all of their required vaccinations. Pets must also not have been exposed to any contagious or communicable diseases 30 days prior to their visit/stay.
- Each of our pet guests will be evaluated by a pet specialist upon arrival to ensure they are in good health.
- Proof of vaccination is required for each pet and must be up to date*. You must provide each pet’s vaccination certificate as well as any other relevant information regarding your pet(s). This will be asked for at the time of booking. Proof of vaccination must be submitted (either by fax, email, or in person) before the pet’s arrival to Adventure Den.
*Proof of vaccination must be from a certified veterinarian. Self-administered vaccinations are not accepted.
- All pets MUST be on monthly flea and tick prevention.
- Please ensure all vaccinations are updated prior to arrival/check-in, or they will be declined for their visit/stay.
Vaccination Requirements for Dogs:
Adventure Den requires that all dogs, including puppies, must receive their Bordetella immunization at least 7 days prior to your pet’s arrival.
|How Often Needed
|Yearly or every three years, depending on the vaccine.
Puppies (4+ months) must have completed their full series of vaccinations, including Bordetella and Rabies, before checking in.
Vaccination Requirements for Cats:
Adventure Den requires that all cats, including kittens, be fully up-to-date with their immunizations and have them administered at least 7 days prior to your pet’s arrival.
|How Often Needed
|Yearly or every 3 years, type of vaccine-dependant.
Kittens must have completed their full series of vaccinations before checking in.
The Facts About Bordetella
Otherwise known as Kennel Cough, Bordetella is an airborne upper respiratory infection similar to the common cold in humans. There are numerous strains of this disease and due to its airborne qualities, even the most current vaccination does not 100% protect your pet against them all.
The Adventure Den team makes every effort to protect the health of your pet by going above industry standards to ensure our guests leave as happy as we are to care for them.
Our strict sanitization policy includes daily disinfection of our Daycare areas, playground equipment, and toys with non-toxic and chemical-free disinfectants proven to kill Bordetella. After each use, our team washes and dries all blankets, bedding, and bed pads in our industrial washer and dryer, and suites are disinfected. Rest assured; every inch of Adventure Den is sanitized, 365 days a year.
- All adult male and female dogs must be neutered or spayed.
- All adult cats must be neutered or spayed. Intact kittens must stay in a private suite.